POD SCHOOLING - Bubble Virtual Learning Program
The Program will be administered by a Certified teacher and Support Assistants who will assist student by supervising and accompanying them during activities within and outside the virtual classroom. We will work with participants in small groups (Max two Pods with a max of ten students per pod in the virtual learning program) or on an individual basis in various instructional and learning activities. We will also supervise students during breaks, lunch and non-instructional times.
Part of our COVID response initiative to help local families
Competitive Edge has created a safe place for students in grade K 8th grade. This center will be open from 7 am-6 pm Monday through Friday. The purpose of this centers is to provide a safe setting in which students can learn among their peers during the times their schools are in virtual learning. While students are participating in our school program they are welcome to attend our Saturday classes.
The centers will be run by our trusted team (Certified Teachers & Aides), providing organized and supervised time dedicated to school work, along with time for play and physical activity. Social distancing does not have to mean social isolation. Feeling connected can improve a child’s resiliency. Going to the Competitive Edge’s Virtual learning program will provide a routine to increase their feeling of safety and security. And finally, having physical activity and fun will help keep their minds fresh and balanced.
Our Goal is to:
- Complete daily temperature checks
- Have each participant complete a Prescreen Medical Form
- Follow the Health & Safety Guidelines
- Adhere to all State regulations regarding COVID-19 prevention such as mask wearing and hand washing/sanitizing
- Assist in maintaining control and orderly behavior in the virtual classroom
- Help motivate the students
- This will not be developed by our teachers – they will follow their school program
- Build a positive relationship with each student
- Actively engage participants
- Location: 874 Welsh Rd., Maple Glen PA 19002
- Virtual learning Hours: 8:00 am -3:00 pm -there will be staggered drop off and pick up times(extended AM & PM coverage available)
- Cost: Please contact us for pricing
- Staff: PA Certified Teachers & Aides
- Site maximum for Virtual learning is 20 participants
- Student MUST provide all study materials, including, but not limited to, books, worksheets, laptop, headphones, pens/pencils, etc.
- Student MUST provide masks, hand sanitizer, tissues, food, snacks, drinks (water / Juice), etc.
Our Center program structure will be as follows:
- Days can be from 7 am – 6 pm serving grades K – 8
- Enrichment Activities (Martial Arts classes)
- Time dedicated for remote learning – We will accommodate specific virtual schedules
- Students will enjoy throughout the day to promote physical activity and a chance to recharge and focus
- Students will have the opportunity to participate in our martial art program